Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Greatest Scrapbooking Friends in the world!!








My first Blog post in honor of the most amazing ladies in the world. Bea,Autumn, Karen, Sandy, Amanda and Joy. Sorry I don't have a photo of Joy. In April of this year, I left my job after more than 14 years. A month or so before I left, I walked into the Papermoon Scrapbook store and my life was changed forever. My wonderful brother-in-law Ed writes poems. So I told him a little about my story and a few things I wanted to say to all of you! So here is.......



FRIENDS IN GOD


I TOILED AT MY JOB SO VERY LONG
NOW MORE THAN 14 YEARS HAVE PAST,
AND GOD WASN'T VERY WELCOME
IT SEEMED EVERYWHERE WAS THE DEVILS CAST,
FINALLY I RECEIVED THE COURAGE TO LEAVE
AND SEARCH FOR THE PEACE I YEARNED,
IT WAS THE GREATEST DECISION FOR ME
FOR GOD'S LESSON'S I HAVE LEARNED,
IN A GROUP OF CHRISTAN WOMEN
GOD RESTORED MY PEACE WITHIN,
AND ALL THE LADIES OF SCRAPBOOKING
REMINDED ME THAT I COULD STILL WIN,
BECAUSE IN THEIR COMPANY AND FRIENDSHIP
I FELT THE TOUCH OF GOD ABOVE,
AND WHEN WE MEET AND SPEND TIME TOGETHER
I AM AGAIN AWARE OF GOD'S GREAT LOVE,
SO IF YOU ARE READING THIS POEM
AND YOUR ONE OF MY "FRIENDS IN GOD",
I WILL KEEP YOU IN MY PRAYERS
EVERY NIGHT BEFORE I DARE TO NOD,
KNOW THAT YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE
AND FOR THAT I LOVE YOU ALL,
AND I WILL ALWAYS BE LISTENING
IF IN NEED YOU EVER CALL.



3 comments:

  1. Melanie, this poem made me cry. Thank you so much for posting this. You also mean a lot to me and I love you and your precious children VERY, VERY much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Melanie, your brother in laws poem is so sweet, but your thoughts behind it, are sensational. I love your first real blog post, and your new design, and I love you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous poem, congrats on your blog!

    ReplyDelete